ADM Associates, Inc. (ADM) has an exciting opportunity for an energetic, client-facing, technical problem solver to lead projects evaluating energy efficiency programs. The Technical Project Manager will work with a diverse team of engineers, economists, and analysts to provide energy efficiency program evaluation and research for electric and gas utilities, state agencies, and various other clients across North America. ADM’s evaluation work plays a critical role in creating and maintaining effective energy efficiency programs which provide societal benefits, lower the energy bills of utility ratepayers, and aid the environment by reducing the need for new power plants.
The ideal candidate for the position will have strong critical thinking, technical writing, and analytical capabilities. The candidate will need to demonstrate organizational skills, creative problem solving, and the ability to work both independently and lead small groups as a consultant to the client. Four or more years of experience with project management, staff supervision, and either program evaluation or analytical experience is required. Additional experience working with energy efficiency programs, statistics, survey design and implementation, or energy efficiency in general, will be helpful. Knowledge of and ability to use statistical software packages (R, SAS, SPSS, STATA, etc.) is desirable although not required.
This position is available in ADM’s office in Reno, Nevada, and consideration will be given to candidates who would work remotely. The successful candidate will manage certain program evaluations for ADM’s electric and gas utility clients throughout the U.S.
Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Management of long-term projects for client energy efficiency residential and commercial programs.
- Conducting and supporting colleagues on the determination of electrical and gas energy savings from energy efficiency measures through creative analytical approaches.
- Expertise in energy efficiency equipment to support client’s inclusion of cutting-edge energy efficiency technology in their programs.
- Reporting directly to clients on energy savings results, program cost-effectiveness, customer satisfaction, and non-energy benefits.
- Quality assurance and oversight of analyses, surveys, technical writing, and field work performed by colleagues.
- Leading teams of engineers and analysts to maintain a positive and encouraging team-oriented professional culture.
- Consultant to clients as direct point of contact for contracts.
- Reporting and explaining results to technical and non-technical audiences, including professional technical reports as well as oral reports, presentations, and workshops.
- Work with leadership on the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of project management and analytical tools.
- Disposition to be the expert to the client on all topics related to energy efficiency.
One of the following qualifications are required:
- Master’s degree, preferably in public policy, economics, statistics, engineering, or a related field.
- Two or more years of professional project management experience in energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, engineering, or market research fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, economics, statistics, engineering, or a related field.
- Five or more years professional project management experience in energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, engineering, or market research fields.
Examples of analytical analyses and tools utilized at ADM:
- Large data analysis of electric smart meters
- Building energy simulations using tools such as EnergyPlus and eQuest
- Advanced regression analysis techniques
- Interactive graphical user interface
- Machine learning algorithms
Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience. ADM benefits include eligibility to participate in medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; an employer-funded HRA, a matching 401(k) plan, three weeks paid time off, and paid holidays.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer. ADM does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, religion, color, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.