ADM Associates, Inc., a national firm headquartered in Sacramento, CA, provides energy-related research and consulting services in applied engineering and economics to utilities and governmental agencies. This position is for our Sacramento office.
Under the general supervision of the IT Manager, the IT Administrator may be responsible for maintaining the company’s IT network, servers, and security systems as well as investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems, and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
On a day-to-day basis, the IT Administrator may be called upon to assist users, manage backup, monitor servers, and to attend to various technical requests within the company.
The IT Administrator is expected to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- 5 + years of IT experience including help desk administration experience in an organization with 100 + employees.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Able to identify problems and offer effective solutions.
- Able to quickly and effectively analyze information.
- Strong interest in developing strategic planning and quality management skills.
- High level of personal motivation, drive, and desire to serve.
Familiarity with the following technologies preferred:
- Microsoft Active Directory, Hyper-V failover cluster, Exchange Server and other backend Microsoft based technologies.
- Knowledge of and Experience with Server 2012 and 2016.
- Server class hardware design and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft 365 administration.
- Microsoft Defender and vulnerability remediation
- Administration of backup and recovery systems.
- Network infrastructure (e.g., switches, routers, firewalls).
- Knowledge of and experience with corporate IT security best practices.
- DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Assists with developing policies and procedures.
- Windows based client operating systems (e.g., Windows 10, etc.).
- IP Phone technology.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of ethernet/telephone network cabling.
- Mobile Device Management, iOS and Android.
- Ubuntu Linux administration.
- Web domain design and account administration.
- Microsoft SQL Server database troubleshooting.
- Cisco Meraki Security Appliances.
ADM offers a competitive salary including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans as well as a matching retirement plan.
Please submit your application to: https://admenergy.com/job-application/
ADM is an equal opportunity employer.