ADM is a top-tier energy evaluation consultancy providing program evaluation and research for utilities and other clients across North America. ADM provides comprehensive evaluation of programs, including assessment of energy impacts, program processes, market penetration, market transformation, and cost effectiveness. We quantify the impacts of public investments to reduce energy demand and mitigate climate impacts and believe that our collective success depends on how well we investigate and communicate the experiences of all people and businesses who use the electric grid.
ADM views our team as a long-term and mutual investment. At ADM, we are committed to building a valued business while ensuring rewarding careers to our employees.
ADM is seeking candidates for the entry level position of Engineer I. Our engineers provide engineering and/or technical services in support of our Evaluation Measurement & Verification projects and to our utility clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing basic engineering analysis of energy systems across a variety of building types and building systems across multiple industries.
- Develop and apply models to address different types of research questions using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Develop and employ specific best-practice methods of data collection.
- With direction, design models and data collection tools for a wide range of data collection approaches.
- Manage data, including organizing and managing data sets to maintain data integrity using Excel and R and other data management tools.
- Conduct data analysis.
- Apply and document appropriate and careful data cleaning techniques.
- Calculate and interpret basic statistics (e.g., means, etc.) and relationships (e.g., correlations, etc.) in quantitative data and summarize qualitative data.
- Formulate key findings from analysis.
- Knowledge of Energy Efficiency products and how they work.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems and how they relate to energy efficiency.
- Experience with regression analysis and other statistical modeling is a plus.
- Experience using eQuest, EnergyPlus, and other industry standard software tools is a plus.
- Experience performing data analysis in R is a plus.
- Work under senior engineering staff to apply calculations, algorithms, and/or modeling to estimate savings of individual energy efficiency and demand response measures in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Support senior engineering staff with data acquisition and cleaning.
- Conduct basic site assessments at customer facilities.
- Write clear and concise technical reports explaining analysis results and findings to ADM staff.
- Ensure quality by reviewing project data for accuracy, errors, and completeness, and ensuring accuracy of all reported results.
- Proactively check own work (data, analysis, writing) to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate with project leads on quality control approaches and results.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering is required. Masters preferred.
- 1 or more years of experience, preferably in energy.
- Professional experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields is desirable, but not required.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using data management and analysis software (e.g., R, etc.).
ADM offers competitive compensation packages including medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k).
ADM is an equal opportunity employer. ADM does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, religion, color, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
Only candidates who submit an application, resume and cover letter through our company website will be considered for the position. Please use the link below.
Please apply online at: https://admenergy.com/job-application/
Please visit us at https://admenergy.com/